Most of the times we need to lose weight and shed belly fat as fast as possible, whether it is a summer vacation or a Friday night party.
The 21 Day Fix Program from the Beachbody team is a low-carb weight loss system with dieting plans and daily exercises sequences. This program promises you can lose up to 15 lbs within three weeks.
In this comprehensive article, you will learn how the 21 Day Fix program works, how to follow it safely, and a menu planner.
What Is The 21-Day Fix System?
The 21 Day Fix is a 21-day video-based program for rapid weight loss introduced by the Beachbody corporation. The 21 Day Fix suggests determining your own calorie needs, eating portion-controlled meals and completing daily workouts for 21 days.
The Program Kit consists of a “Simple Fitness” workout guide and a “Simple Eating” nutrition guide and includes:
- Two DVDs with six easy-to-follow workouts to burn fat and calories;
- A 21 Day Fix portion-control system with a set of color-coded food containers;
- 21 Day Fix “Start Here” Kit;
- 21 Day Fix Eating Plan;
- 3 Day Quick Fix for losing weight fast before a competition or photo shoot;
- Dirty 30 workout fat-burning exercises;
- 24/7 Online Support;
- A free bonus Plyo Fix DVD workout.
How to Follow a 21-Day Fix Program
New followers can find the Quick Start guide on 21 Day Fix program on the Beachbody website.
The 21 Day Fix DVDs include six 30-minute workouts for the upper and lower body, two cardio workouts, pilates, and yoga routines with a particular focus on abs training.
The Container Plan offers a mathematical method to calculate your own overall calorie needs. The program suggests the 750 calories deficit regardless of age, gender, or health conditions.
The calorie-based plan tells how many meals you can take each day. Perfectly-sized portions are measured with color-coded containers. Each container is used for a specific food group:
- Vegetables like broccoli, spinach, asparagus, beets, cauliflower, etc.
- Fruits & Berries like blueberries, strawberries, pomegranate, oranges, etc.
- Lean Protein like sardines, chicken breast, fish, eggs, tofu, etc.
- Carbs like quinoa, beans, lentils, brown rice, whole-grain bread, and wine.
- Healthy Fats like avocado, walnuts, pecans, cheeses, and hummus.
- Seeds and dressings like pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, olives, etc.
Dieters are allowed to drink still water, infused water, gas water, coffee, and green tea.
The Pre-Approved Meals plan recommends certain foods and recipes, but you can decide what to eat from the approved foods. The estimated calorie requirements are not less than 1,200 and not more than 2,300 calories.
The 21 Day Fix kit helps to keep track of the daily container consumption and overall weight loss progress. The macronutrients are distributed evenly: 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fat.
Added sugar, processed foods, refined carbs, fried foods, and alcoholic beverages are strongly discouraged during the 21 Day Fix.
The 21 Day Fix encourages training, healthy eating and servings control, it is an effective way to lose body fat and lean your body fast. However, the 21 Day Fix has some health risks and disadvantages on a long-term basis.
Potential Risks & Disadvantages
- Short-Term Weight Loss.
The 21 Day Fix program focuses on intensive weight loss routine on a short period. As practice shows, dieters reach their goals after several rounds of the 21-day program. However, the changes they receive are not consistent and can’t be sustained over time after a rapid fat loss.
- In-program Purchases. The Program Dieters are urged to purchase Beachbody protein shakes and pre- and post- workout supplements for faster results. These items cost $69.95 per each container and do not have any proof of maximized results.
- The Program is too calorie-restrictive for some people.
Combined with daily workouts, an active job, and a deficit of 750 calories from overall meal intake will definitely result in quick weight loss, but it is not considered healthy by many doctors and nutritionists.
The 21 Day Fix Program offers intensive workouts and servings-controlled system to encourage weight loss.
This plan focuses on quick, dramatic weight loss rather than on long-term changes in eating habits and lifestyle, and it requires much discipline and may be very restrictive for some people.
Following the 21 Day Fix, you are likely to slim down, however, for long-lasting results, you might want to check The Top Flat Belly Diets review and our homepage.